Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #810

 >>>I have been subscribed to the list a few weeks now, and am ready to ask a
few questions about my future plant tank!  It's a 55 Gallon, currently is
setup to hold a few of my tetras that were getting picked on.  But I've seen
some of the beautiful pictures of peoples' plant tanks on the internet, read
a bunch of stuff, and decided that plants are the way to go.  So here are a
few questions I have!:<<<

Andy, for your Co2, you might want to give the yeast method a try: It's
Cheap!!
Use aquarium sealant to make all of this airtight:
Make a hole in a 2 liter coke bottle's cap and insert a piece of airline.
Mix up about 1 cup sugar and 2 cups hot water - use a funnel to add straight
to the coke bottle. Swirl to dissolve.
Fill the coke bottle about 2/3 way with cooler water.
Add about 2 tsp active dry yeast to some warm water (1 cup) and dissolve.
Attatch to an airstone, a corner filter, or a Co2 bell (inverted jar is fine)
Use a check valve to prevent siphoning water from your tank.
MAKE SURE ALL CONNECTIONS ARE AIRTIGHT. TIGHTEN THAT CAP DOWN GOOD!!!
Good luck with your plant tank! I really enjoy mine.