Re: new light from Energy Savers

> Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 10:23:30 PDT
> From: Roxanne Bittman <rbittman at kirk_dfg.ca.gov>
>
> Does anyone know anything or have an opinion about the new fluorescent
> bulb put out by Energy Savers which is 10,000K?  It is advertised as
> having the same spectrum as their Trichromatic bulb, which I have been
> using already (and is rated as 6500K).  I like the Trichromatic; it's
> relatively bright and has a full spectrum, and the plants like it, but
> this new bulb is even brighter; sounds interesting!

Sounds like a mixed bag of marketing hype.  10,000K is NOT the same
spectrum as 6500K.  10000K would be MUCH bluer than the TriChromatic.

Even brighter, huh?  I would doubt it until I measured it myself.
Which I would never do because I won't buy one of their bulbs after
the last bit of hype -- the "reflectorized" bulbs.  Just my opinion,
of course.

George