Re: Moldy Python

> Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 21:53:43 -0700
> From: Dan Simon <dan.simon at attws_com>
>
> While using my python to make a water change in my 45 tank I noticed
> mold or algee in the vinyl tubing from standing water.  Is this
> harmful to the plants or fish?

I don't know about fish or plants, but it tastes yucky when you
suck the Python to start a siphon (we drain water into the garden
instead of using the faucet to suck the old water out).  We have two
Pythons -- one to suck, one to blow (drain, fill).  We can overlap
draining and filling multiple tanks this way. When you are changing
450 liters, this helps quite a bit.

To clean the sucking Python of mold, I tied the two ends to a saw
horse and filled it with a 5 parts water to 1 part bleach mixture and
let it set for an hour or so.  Now I don't experience yucky suck
anymore.

George