cooling fans -

Mack wrote:

I've been told that a good way to provide ventilation for a DIY lighting
setup is with a cooling fan for a computer. I've looked at a few and they all
have power lead cables that can't just be plugged into an outlet. They all
have two cables, one with a male end and one with a female end.

I am not an expert, but it sounds like you saw fans designed to be plugged into the connectors of a
computer power supply, which puts out DC (direct current), most likely 12 volts. Unless you want to
wire it to a transformer (which converts 110 AC to the appropriate DC voltage, look for a fan that is