Cooling fan for DIY lighting system

I've been told that a good way to provide ventilation for a DIY lighting
setup is with a cooling fan for a computer. I've looked at a few and they all
have power lead cables that can't just be plugged into an outlet. They all
have two cables, one with a male end and one with a female end. The male end
has four tube shaped prongs in a row and could be plugged into the female
end. Does anyone else use computer fans on their lighting systems? If so, how
do you get it hooked up to the electrical outlet (or some other power
source?)

Thanks,

Matt