mystery snails and tap water

Hey everybody,

I have a 25 gallon plant tank with no fish, so I do not need to
dechlorinate the water.  I was just wondering if mystery snails need
dechlorinated water.  I ask this because the pond snails, ramhorn
snails, and freshwater clams I have in the tank show no adverse effects
in regular tap water.  Also, the first mystery snail I bought for
another plant tank (that did not have treated water) promptly died and I
assumed that it was because of the chlorine.

Thanks,
Jayson