Becoming a Dealer for German Goods???

Bjorn wrote:

> Most of the time you pay in dollars here what you pay in marks (ie.
> $1-1DM) over seas.  But I must admit I haven't priced Dupla products
> specificaly.  I'll be going over in about three weeks and can check if
> anyone has any interest.

Hi Bjorn (Bjoern?) and anyone else!

I am from Germany (as you are too, I guess) studying in the U.S. and I
have very, very different experiences about prices compared here to
overseas. If what you say is true, this would mean everything in
Germany would be _a_lot_ less expensive than here ($1 = 1.72DM or so).
The same mercandise you pay $100 here for would cost you only $58 in
Germany if your theory is right and if I did not misunderstand you.
Oh oh, I would get a lot of stuff everytime a friend visits me.
Now I must admit that also I haven't compared Dupla prices specifically,
but as far as I know, I have to agree with George B. that even German
made goods are mostly more expensive in Germany than here. (e.g.
VW Passat for $20,000 here costs you DM 50,000 (=$ 29,000 - WOW!) with
the same equipment in Germany)
May be it is different for Dupla products (seems unlikely), but anyway,
I would appreciate if you would check it when you go there and let
me know, eventually I can get some stuff really cheap from my
parents?!?!?

Regards, Karsten Klein.