RE:redox potencial

Hello,
This is just the basic theory about redox.. I don;t know if you can use
it to understand what you are looking for..
Redox stands for reduction-oxidation. When an element changes the
oxidation number, it give an electron, or receives an electron. Elements
change oxidation number when they form a diferent substance. Example:
in CO2, Carbon has a number of oxidation 4+ .. when it forms CO , it has
2+, the C received 2 electrons each with 1-. C was reducted (sp??).
I suppose the redox potencial is the relative possibility of an element
to change it number of oxidation with other elements..
You can find the complete and correct info in any college chemistry
book.
Jerome from Buenos Aires!