Re: new copper plumbing

Hi Brian

They changed our plumbing 3 years ago. I never thought it would be a big
problem for my fish, but it sure was. At that time I had Malawi cichlids
because we have very hard water in parts of Malmö. The fish started
getting trouble with the skin. If they got a scratch it wouldn't heal.
I measured the copper and it was very high levels.

I even got a problem drinking the water. I got a splitting head ache
in my lower neck and above the eyes every time I drank the water!

I finally tossed the cichlids out and bought me a RO filter and changed to
south american fish and plants instead.

Now 3 years later the levels are lower but still much to high. I don't
really trust the testkits I use but the tap water turns the test very
yellow and the RO water stays clear. One big problem for me is that the
water comes in from the main pipe in the other end of a large house so I
guess I have to flush water for an hour to get "fresh" water. I try to
take some tap water in the after noon or evening when other people in the
hose have been using more. I mix about 1/10 of tap water with the RO.

The pipes are supposed to get coated, especially in such hard water as we
have here, but it hasn't happened yet!

My fem öre.

KrA

Kristian Adolfsson