Green Sand anyone???

Hey Folks,
                Ah another topic revisited.  About a year ago Dave Gomberg
and others were wondering about the use/benefits of a naturally occuring
iron/potasium containing silicate sold in garden supply stores as Green
Sand.  From my search of the archives it seems this topic was dropped with
the conclusion "looks like some experimentation is in order here"  So,
does anyone have anything to add to this thread one year later??  I has an
interest in using some of this stuff in a soil, worm casting, vermiculite
substrate.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Miles Morrissey   Easthampton, MA - USA
mmorriss at sophia_smith.edu