Leaks in CO2 lines

I ve been following the thread on the problem with CO2 loss in units
using a 2 liter soda bottle.  I've used this low tech. method for about
two years on some of my tanks.  The leaking CO2 happened at the onset
for me too.  The answer came after awhile of trying silicone to seal the
cap of the bottle around the feeder tube or the air hose.  The answer
that works for me, is to get the plastic tube that is used in feeding
air to an undergravel filter, it is about 1/4 inch.  Drill a hole into
the cap of the bottle, the same size as the tubing.  Put the tubing in
about one inch below the cap and I seal this with hot glue(stick) gun,
using the heavy duty sticks.  The seal holds up over a year so far and
this is where I found that my leaks were coming from.  Jim C.