Fish Overboard!

> > Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent the intake tube of my =
> > Fluval canister from constantly pulling in plants, and loose leaves?  =

> How about fitting a piece of stocking or a chunk of filter foam (like
> those used in AquaClear filters) over the intake?  I've done both in
> various tanks and this effectively excludes plants and fry.

> Cynthia

I have a related question.  Does anyone have a handy method of keeping fry
and small fish (Ottos and neons mostly) from going overboard though the
"UUUUU" shaped slots in the trickle filter overflow box?  I've tried
netting which is hard to keep in place, and haven't really come up with
anything else that is satisfactory.

Thanks, Steve Dixon