Re: Calcium

Calcium at 90 ppm is ridiculously high. Not only is it unnecessary for
the well being of the plants, but it may actually precipitate out of
solution at that level along with other nutrients (depending on the pH).
I would recommend no more than 20 ppm calcium and even that is 'high'. In
the lab I have found that hardwater plants grow excellently at a calcium
concentration as low as 2 ppm ... considering that most plants in the
aquarium trade are 'softwater'plants, I would think a Calcium level
closer to 2ppm than 20 ppm would be absolutely adequate.

dave.