[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Many Questions...
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com (Aquatic-Plants)
- Subject: Re: Many Questions...
- From: "David W. Webb" <dwebb at ti_com>
- Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 16:27:57 -0500
- Conversation-Id: <BMSMTP86476284321a0206807 at dsks52_itg.ti.com>
>Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 07:58:06 -0400
>From: WebServices <webservices at elam-software_com>
>- - Can I add the laterite balls even with the tank 50% full? Should I
>them all the way to the bottom?
Yes, you can add substrate additives even with only 1" of water in the
tank. I've done that quite a bit with my tanks, and don't always bother to
fill them up afterwards. Semi-aquatic plants like direct access to CO2 and
will grow right up out of your tank if they're not nitrogen limited.
>- - Is it ok just to use the generic "GE Aquarium & Plant" fluorescent
>They are far cheaper...
I've used them and like them. They're not quite as bright to the eye as a
GE Chroma 50, though.
>- - Which "generic" shop light brands are the quietest? I've noticed that
>many produce a bad hum... The tank is in a bedroom, so noise is a definite
I don't know what's the best, but I will advise staying away from "Lights
of America" brand lighting. They sell cheap, substandard equipment, IMO.
>- - Should I use 1 or 2 two-liter bottles for Co2?
Use however many it takes to get your pH where you want it.
I think I'll leave the other questions to others to answer. :-)
I hope this helps,
David W. Webb Corporate Business Systems
Texas Instruments Inc. Dallas, TX USA
(972) 575-3443 (voice) dwebb at ti_com
(972) 575-4853 (fax) http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb
(214) 581-2380 (pager) 2145812380 at alphapage_airtouch.com