Re: Many Questions...

>Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 07:58:06 -0400
>From: WebServices <webservices at elam-software_com>
>
>- - Can I add the laterite balls even with the tank 50% full? Should I
push
>them all the way to the bottom?

Yes, you can add substrate additives even with only 1" of water in the
tank.  I've done that quite a bit with my tanks, and don't always bother to
fill them up afterwards.  Semi-aquatic plants like direct access to CO2 and
will grow right up out of your tank if they're not nitrogen limited.

>- - Is it ok just to use the generic "GE Aquarium & Plant" fluorescent
bulbs?
>They are far cheaper...

I've used them and like them.  They're not quite as bright to the eye as a
GE Chroma 50, though.

>- - Which "generic" shop light brands are the quietest? I've noticed that
>many produce a bad hum... The tank is in a bedroom, so noise is a definite
>concern.

I don't know what's the best, but I will advise staying away from "Lights
of America" brand lighting.  They sell cheap, substandard equipment, IMO.

>- - Should I use 1 or 2 two-liter bottles for Co2?

Use however many it takes to get your pH where you want it.

I think I'll leave the other questions to others to answer.  :-)

I hope this helps,

David W. Webb           Corporate Business Systems
Texas Instruments Inc.  Dallas, TX USA
(972) 575-3443 (voice)  dwebb at ti_com
(972) 575-4853 (fax)    http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  2145812380 at alphapage_airtouch.com