Keeping apple snails

> My guess is that either the snails or plants will have to go.

Well, if you *really* like the snails, you can "plant" lettuce leaves in
the substrate as snail food.  My plant-destroying apple snails seemed to
prefer red leaf lettuce to any of the live plants.  Of course, this will
prevent them from eating much algae.  I ended up moving my snails to my
goldfish tank (with only anacharis, which doubles as fish food) where
the damage they cause is minimal compared to what the goldfish do ;)
--
Melissa Shea
mshea at delta_info.net