Black Brush Algae

        I have a 30 gallon tank which has had a black brush algae problem
for about a year. I have been removing the leaves of plants with heavy
infestation, and have four SAEs which have kept thing under control. About
three months ago, I treated the tank with furazone-light for a fin and tail
rot problem. This treatment turned the water a yellowish green for about 10
days. When I stopped the treatment all traces of brush algae were gone,and
have not returned! The plants were stressed but have all come back.
        I don't know if the disappearance of the algae was a coincidence,
but since the plants were affected, perhaps the treatment killed the algae?
Does any one have any theories on this?

Larry Frank