Re: blower vs. compressor

Most compressors use oil for lubrication and contaminate the compressed air
with oil.  Traps are available, but I'm not convinced that they would be
100% effective.  As compressors age, the amount of oil that blows by the
rings increases considerably, especially with low cost compressors.
Depending upon the duty cycle and the size of the storage tank, there could
be a problem with the elevated temperature of the compressed air.
Depending on where you install the compressor, you may find that the noise
produced is unacceptable.  If it were me, I would use a blower.

Don