[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com (Aquatic-Plants)
- Subject: Re: cynobacteria
- From: "David W. Webb" <dwebb at ti_com>
- Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 11:21:56 -0500
- Conversation-Id: <BMSMTP86379958067a0206807 at dsks52_itg.ti.com>
>Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 20:19:00 +0000
>From: Bill Ruff <bruff at lcse_umn.edu>
>Does anyone have a good way to get rid of cynobacteria. I've battle this
>from time to time and after frustration I resorted to antibiotics. These
>really knocked it back but recurred over time.
>I now have a fully planted tank and the cyno is creeping back in.
Before anything else, check your nitrates and potassium, relative to your
phosphates and iron. When I started adding nitrogen and potassium to my
tank, along with iron and trace elements, My heavy attack of cyanobacteria
went back into my gravel and stayed there.
David W. Webb Corporate Business Systems
Texas Instruments Inc. Dallas, TX USA
(972) 575-3443 (voice) dwebb at ti_com
(972) 575-4853 (fax) http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb
(214) 581-2380 (pager) 2145812380 at alphapage_airtouch.com