Raccoon Deterrent

I heard from somebody in the pond business, that you can get these
things from a garden supply store, called a Scarecrow (?).  You hook it
up to a garden hose (and I think it operates on batteries). Basically it's
a motion sensor that sprays water.  Sounds like a lot of fun. I think he
said it cost's about $120 CDN.   I would imagine with some ingenuity you
could make your own out of a cheap 120V motion sensor and a solenoid
from an automatic sprinkler system.I still prefer the large dog route
myself.