re: public aquaria w/aquatic plants

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 13:46:29 +0000
From: "Simon Wicker" <simonw at mailmac_mill.mill.co.uk>
Subject: RE-Public aquariums with aq
To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com

  Subject     RE:Public aquariums with aquatic plants?

And of course if anyone is in the vicinity of Dusseldorf, Germany this summer
check out the wonderful Aquazoo in the Nordpark. The whole place deals with
the world underwater, from the child friendly penguins, sea-lions and turtles
to a series of great panoramic aquaria featuring planted aquaria and a reef
system saltwater tank. You get a potted history of life in the water and a
series of studies of different biotopes from around the world. And for once
the aquaria are all really well kept since the whole place is dedicated to
this one subject (the Aquazoo is also a research institute that has published
many findings in Aquarium Heute, the Dupla magazine, on keeping planted and
mini-reef aquaria). Everyone seems really dedicated to keeping things looking
good and its a big place. Its a twenty minute tram ride from the main station
and makes a great family day out - well at least I drag my family there every
time we go over.

Simon W.