Re: Thinking about CO2

PaulKleinkramer asked....

>Do I need to build and install a reactor or can I simply release
>the CO2 into the intake tubes of my AquaClear 300 power filters?
>I think the AquaClears would dissolve all the CO2 I release into
>them but I think it would probably be lost to the atmosphere
>where the outflow water tumbles back onto the surface of the
>water column.
>
>Has anybody tried this?  What do you think?  Please let me know
>your thoughts on this.

I feed CO2 into an intake above the impeller of my Aquaclear Mini
and 200s. It works well. You will lose some CO2. The amount will
depend upon the turbulence of the outflow. Attempt to keep the
water level in the aquarium consistently high for a smooth return
flow to avoid degassing.

--
Dave Whittaker
ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.ca