Re: DIY CO2 in a 10 gallon tank

Brian asked:

>Is a diy co2 generator practical for a 10 gallon tank?

You bet it is.

 >I would think the co2 production would be too high in such a small
>system. Anyone tried this?

Not true.  I am using it on my open-top 10-gallon tank which is
getting full sunlight about 6-8 hours a day.  This tank seems to have
a high CO2 demand because of the intense sunlight and the open
top construction that lets much of the CO2 escape.

> If so, did you use the standard mix in a 2-liter bottle or something
>else?

Yes, and I'm even thinking about going to a 2-bottle system.
Contact me offline and I'll be glad to send you instructions for
building a DIY CO2 generator that uses no sealent.  This was
originally posted by Trent Honea last year and has worked very well
for me.

Jonathan in Maryland