Re: Pruning Vallisneria

: Vals are not well suited for pruning because, as you observed, cutting
: the leaves often causes them to die back.  It is much better to try to
: select a variety that is the proper size for your tank.

  This reminds me...a friend has a bunch of V. asiatica, and we've pulled
3' long strands out of the tank!  IS there an inherent limit to how large
such stem plants can get?  (I suspect they could get a good deal larger
still if left unmolested, but it's just a 20G tank....)

Nathan H.