Re: CO2 Kit

 Chris Simmons wrote

> I have a question for all you CO2 buffs out there!  I am just starting to
> really get into aquarium plants and so far i have been adding CO2 via yeast
> method.  I am looking to get a " more sophisticated" CO2 setup.  While I was
> at the local fish store today, i noticed they got in a Tetra CO2 complete
> system for aquariums up to 55 gal. (thats what it said on the box). The
> selling price for the system is right around $160. US (not bad..huh?)!  Well
> anyway I was wondering if any of you people out there have heard anything on
> this system?  I would apreciate ANY and ALL feed back on this system good or
> bad!  Thanks for the help!

I think you will find a lot better deal a your local welding supply
shop.  I bought a 5lb tank filled with CO2  and a regulator for $142
including the tax. I live in a small town and didn't have many
dealers to choose from.  In a larger town you may be able to shop
around for a better deal.  I assume because you have a DIY system
going now you have some sort of reactor. The only other thing you
will need is a needle valve which you can get for about $10. You also
might want to consider http://marine-monsters.com .  They offer a
system  (except for the tank) including a solenoid valve for $175.