re: snail attack correction

> On Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:50:10 -0400 James Garriss wrote:

>Well, I have a power filter on my 55 gal community tank.  Somehow, most
>likely from a plant I bought, some snails got into the filter.  It's turned
>into a regular breeding ground for these guys.  At first it worried me and
>I religiously tried to kill all the snails when I cleaned my aquarium.  But
>over the months, I've never noticed these guys in my aquarium, so I stopped
>persecuting them.

Of course what I *meant* to say was that I tried to kill all the snails
when I cleaned my *filter*.  I've never had to clean them out from my
aquarium.

Anyone else using their filter as a snail breeding pit?  Care to speculate
as to whether they help keep the algae in the filter down?

 James Garriss                          System Engineer, MITRE
 jpg at langley_mitre.org          http://www.cs.odu.edu/~garriss