re: Aquatic Greenhouse

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 12:27:00 -0500
From: "Sanders, Gary" <gsanders at mail_dese.state.mo.us>
Subject: Bad service from the Aquatic Greenhouse
To: "'Aquatic Plants'" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

I wanted to let anyone who is planning on ordering plants from the Aquatic
Greenhouse (Darin Gasperson) of Tampa, Fl., to consider my complaint:

4/14/97

Since January of this year I have been trying to get Darin to settle the
difference on an order placed January, 1997.  I was shorted one aponogeton
rigidifolius and various others. Since he was out of so many of the plants I
had ordered and had pre-paid for, he substituted cheaper plants but charged
me the higher price of the plants I had originally ordered.

After 3 phone calls and one letter I have finally contacted the Better
Business Bureau of Clearwater, FL., for some assistance.  Apparently Darin
takes your order then orders these plants from his distributors.  If they
come in, great, if not, he will substitute at his discretion.  I was
substituted cheaper plants for a higher price.

In addition, after putting the plants I received in my tank, I experienced
the worst outbreak of blue green algae I have ever seen.  I finally had to
resort to antibiotics to kill it off.  I have now also experienced red algae
which is sometimes carried in by imported plants.

The Aquatic Greenhouse may state that customer service is their priority, but
my experience has been anything but that.  He also sells glossostigma - but
don't bother, it's very puny, and I had to finally pitch it.