Re: Fungus on driftwood

     I too just added 2 small pieces of sun-bleached driftwood that I
     obtained from the local lake.  After placing the wood in a test tank
     for several days it developed some very light brown fuzzy growth.  I
     was going to place a plex in the tank to see if he would eat it
     (thinking maybe it was algae?).  But I may hold off if somebody else
     can identify it.

     BTW, what is the common name for KMnO4 and what does it do for you?

     Nigel Campbell
     ncampbel at ccmail_dsccc.com