Water Chemistry questions

I have a fairly serious algae problem in my tank that's been getting steadily
worse for a number of weeks now. Having a dearth of reliable test kits (my
4-5 month old Seachem phosphate kit read about 2.5 mg/l on the 1 mg/l
reference solution) I can't say much right now about the conditions of my
tank water. However, the water company gave me the following information on
my tap water, which is what, after chlorine neutralizer, I dump straight into
the tank.
All measurements are in mg/l:
Chlorine residual: 1.70
Total Phosphate: 0.33
Ortho Phosphate: 0.03
Meta Phosphate: 0.30
Iron: 0.000
Hardness-CaCo3: 104
Alkalinity-CaCo3: 42
Calcium: 28
Magnesium: 10
Ammonia Nitrogen: 0.33
Nitrite Nitrogen: 0.000
Nitrate Nitrogen: 2.2
pH: 7.60
Mangenese: 0.072
Copper: 0.000
Sodium-IC: 23
Pottasium-IC: 3.1
Lithium-IC: 0.000
Sulfate: 51
Chloride: 41
Total Organic Carbon: 1.2
Bromide: 0.033
Silica-SiO2: 9.1

If my memory serves me correctly, the phosphate level of 0.33 is on the high
side and is perhaps the main algae culprit. I tried looking in the Krib but
couldn't find a specific phosphate level above which concentrations of it
should not go (0.20?).
Is this assumption correct? If so, is using resins like phos-zorb or
phosGuard a good way to go? Will they be overwhelmed or too slow or too
expensive compared to something like R/O? I am not currently adding PMDD or
anything else and do weekly water changes of about 33%, again with
dechlorinated tapwater. Does anyone see anything else noteworthy in the above
analysis?
Also, I know there's been a thread about hardness and CaCo3 lately, but can
somebody explain the difference between the 2 CaCo3 types and numbers above
(Hardness-CaCo3-104 and Alkalinity CaCo3- 42---why are these concentrations
different?)

											Thanks for any help,

  														Matt