Re: Mg++ and Ca++ levels

> Can anyone recommend a reasonable target level for calcium and magnesium?

We've been quite successful with a General Hardness of about 5.5 dGH
or 100 ppm.  Tables in The Optimum Aquarium imply a 3:1 ratio of
Ca:Mg.  We try for about 75 ppm Ca and 25 ppm Mg.  Your fish or plant
species may require or less GH.

We use calcium carbonate to boost calcium levels (and KH) and
magnesium sulphate (Epsom Salts) to boost magnesium levels.

Does anyone have any *real* references to Ca:Mg ratio?

George in Colorado Where It's Not Snowing ... Yet.