Java Fern @ 40 F.

Hi All,

I bought a nice Java Fern from G.B. some time ago.
It thrived in my aquaium; indeed, it took over the
upper, left 1/3 of the tank (little light reached the
bottom). So I pulled it out and divided it into
4 reasonable sized pieces. Three went in various
aquaiums and the fourth went into the pond (it
was winter here). The water was 40 degree Fahrenheit!

I didn't really expect it to survive, but it did! It hasn't
grown much, but it's green. I expect it will be immense
by the end of the summer. I guess I'll eventually get
portions of all my aquarium plants outside in the
pond before too long.

cheers,
Bill Edwards
Survey Research Lab