Messy, messy, messy

Just had a minor fiasco happen and thought it would be of interest to some.
 If you use powerheads for water circulation, be careful how they are
mounted.  I use a submersable Ehim #3 mini-canister to trap particles but
mainly to move the water around.  While I was gone this past weekend, the
mounting bracket suction cups came loose and the thing fell into the
substrate.  Now, I couldn't be lucky enough for it to fall with the outflow
nozzle pointing up...oh, noooooooo...it fell pointing DOWN!  I came home
and heard this rattling coming from the back of the house.  When I looked
at the tank, I couldn't see into it.  You see, the rattling was gravel
being blown around by the outflow and underneath the gravel is (was?) a
clay and peat substrate.  This is only a 20gal long tank so the damage is
not too bad.  I now have an external filter on to clear the particles out
of the water and should know by tomorrow just how badly everything is
covered in clay.
Rochelle Williams
williaro at ftmcphsn-emh1_army.mil