Re: Red Sea Iron Test Kit

 Pat Bowerman wrote

>..... I'd recommend  good test kits for iron and nitrates if
> nothing else. I use LaMotte. I had a Red Sea iron test kit, and as far
> as I'm concerned, they're worthless. It measured 0.1 no matter what.

I have the Red Sea Test Kit and I found that it works quite well.
I made up test solutions at .1, .2, .5 and 1mg/l and found reasonable
agreement with the color chart.   At .2 and above it seemed to read a
little high. There was a big color change between .1 and .2 which is
good if your trying to stay around .1.  I found putting the test vial
in a white measuring cup  helped read the color.