Calcium chloride instead

Should have read my aquatic plant digests before investing $5 in 1 lb of
calcium carbonate (CaCO3) to raise the hardness of my water. This stuff
really doesn't dissolve much and carpets the tank with white dust.

Instead, I should have gone for the  calcium chloride (CaCl2), which
dissolves readily in water. Any comments/warnings on using that instead?
Does it raise both GH and KH too? Any prescriptions? Thanks.

Greg. Tong
San Francisco, CA, USA

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."