Re: A Flower Stock!

Hi kids

I awoke this morning to find my E. major (Tropica) had developed
this humungous flower stalk. This is so cool! No on else in the
house shares my enthusiasm but I knew my cyber buds on the APD
would ;-)
At the moment the spikes are just below the surface. Is the flower
self fertilizing? Can I expect new plants from this event? Will
this be an ongoing process? I'm also curious as to what could
have precipitated the flower stalk as lighting (except that from
a nearby window) and other parameters have not changed.
Is this my plants acknowlegement of spring? :-)
Any thoughts, comments  or suggestions would be warmly received.
Thanks

Marshall Wilkinson
Calgary Alberta