Alternanthera sessilis, etc.

Hi all,
Thank you for the information on Alternanthera sessilis, A. reineckii, and
others.  I originally ordered the A. sessilis from Darin Gasperson (FL)
since I had seen pictures of it grown submersed in several books (such as
"The Nature Aquarium").  However, the taxonomy is a little confused, not
the least by several horticultural varieties or "forms".
So, I guess there could be several reasons why this plant is doing poorly
for me:  1.  It's not A. sessilis (though I believe it is), 2.  I don't use
CO2 and it would do better with it, 3. It hasn't gone thru its adjustment
period in my tank yet.  There are more possibilities, but that's enuf to
start.

Thanks again for the responses,
Roxanne
--

Please note new e-mail address:
Roxanne Bittman, Botanist                    Natural Heritage Division