What Kind of Lights?

I have an established 55 gal community fish acquarium.  I would like to
begin adding some low light plants.  Currently I have only two 18" lights
over the acquarium that are 15 watts.

What kind of lighting should I get?  Note that I don't have a lot of money
to spend.  I've read that full-spectrum lights are best, but what wattage
should they be?  Do I have to get 2 more light strips to cover the whole tank?

Where can I find a good list of low light plants?

Thanks,

 James Garriss
 System Engineer, MITRE
 jpg at langley_mitre.org