Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #589

> Since you mention that SOLUTIONS containing Fe:EDTA should be stored in
> the dark, that raised a question for me.  What about degredation of
> Fe:EDTA in powder.  Does the powder also need to be stored in the dark
> to avoid degredation?

It is a potential problem, but probably a small one.  If it were bone
dry, maybe no problem at all.  I'd just find a dark container for the
powder so I didn't have to worry about it.  Or keep it in a drawer or
cupboard that doesn't get much light.

The liquid PMDD formula should be refrigerated, but that has been
mentioned.  Refrigerators are usually plenty dark.  ;-)

Craig

P.S.  I don't know if CO2 killed the fish or not, but I have some doubt
that if it did, it did so by displacing oxygen, either from solution
(highly doubtful) or from the gap between the cover glass and the tank.
If there was enough CO2 in that space to displace oxygen, there was
probably enough CO2 in the water to put the fish to sleep.  If people are
worried about this, why not get a little more gas exchange going at
night, like from a small areator on a timer?  Maybe that is too high tech
for the yeast crowd.  ;-)