Re: Schools of Corydoras

> >From reading the FAQ I understand that Cory's should have a minimum
> population of four. Can anyone inform me if the Cory's must be of the
> same species i.e. 2 C. aeneus & 2 C.schwartzi? Any info will be greatly
> appreciated.

From both what I have read and experienced with Cory's, they are indeed
happiest in a school with a minimum of four.  These should be of the same
species.  I have been told that mixed schools will work ok, but it hasn't
in my tanks (they don't school together much when the species are mixed).
Good luck,
--

Roxanne Bittman, Botanist                    Natural Heritage Division
Phone: (916) 323-8970                 __o     CA Dept of Fish and Game