Re: Home made CO2 reactor

>For my 55 g heavily planted tank I cut off about the bottom inch of a
>food storage  container which was about 3" square and used suction
>cups to hold it on top in the back of the tank.  I bubble CO2 in just
>a few inches below it. As long as there is CO2 trapped under it, it
>seems to hold the PH around 6.9 (KH is 4.5).  The nice thing is if
>you bubble too much CO2 it just leaks out from under the
>container/reactor so you don't have to worry about getting too much
>CO2.  You will need to select the area of the container to match your
>tank conditions.  I would try this before buying an expensive
>reactor.

I use the same method. My CO2 never over flows out of  the container,
therefore it is just as efficient as a comercial reactor for my needs. As I
live in a hard water area I have to dissolve alot of CO2 in my water. I have
therefore modified my design so that the output of my filter is directed
upwards into my container. This helps alot.

Anthony.