Lighting suggestions for a 20L

I am going to transfer my 20 zebra danios, 12 neons, two plecos from my 55
gallon tank to my 20L which is currently empty.  I also have two amazon
swords and some water sprite.  Right now, it's got a one tube flourescent
(but I'll probably get rid of it)  Any suggestions on what kind of lighting I
should have?  I'm open-minded and have a little bit of DIY-er in me (i.e. I'm
not afraid to get my hands dirty to save a few bucks).  I want to have a
setup that is low cost (short and long run).  I'm thinking twin tube 30"
flourescent hood as the easiest option.  Also, I know that for a 4' long tube
(40w) it is the most cost-effective flourescent tube for the wattage you get
-- any way to rig up something to look nice with a shop light or something?
 Any other ideas?

Oh, and about the bulbs.  What should I use that would be the best for the
plants?  Two vita-lites maybe?

Thanks in advance,

Rob    ?:)