Re: DIY CO2 reactor

For my 55 g heavily planted tank I cut off about the bottom inch of a
food storage  container which was about 3" square and used suction
cups to hold it on top in the back of the tank.  I bubble CO2 in just
a few inches below it. As long as there is CO2 trapped under it, it
seems to hold the PH around 6.9 (KH is 4.5).  The nice thing is if
you bubble too much CO2 it just leaks out from under the
container/reactor so you don't have to worry about getting too much
CO2.  You will need to select the area of the container to match your
tank conditions.  I would try this before buying an expensive
reactor.