Re: New IceCap MH Ballasts

>From: "Michael A. Bateman" <spine at stlnet_com>
>Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 10:50:14 -0600
>
>The following is a list of their claims.
>
>•Ballast generates virtually no heat and no noise

I could go with that.

>•Burns 175 watt lamps 20% brighter

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that.  Did they say why?

>•Lamps burn 20-50% cooler

I doubt that.  Did they get their hype confused with FL light stuff?

>•20-30% Energy Savings

Yeah, the ballast doesn't waste as much in heat.

>•Longer lamp life by an integrated soft-start process

Umm, MH lamps sort of have their own "soft start" process built in.

>•No spectral shift in lamps

B.S.

>•Uses 175w American Made Metal Halide Lamps

Yeah, wave that flag!

Some of these claims sound marginal given the workings of a MH bulb.

Oh, well.

George