Tetrasodium..........

As Mark Twainmight say, this is not a word, it is an alphabetical
procession.  At any rate, I have a small bottle of Tetrasodium
ethylenediaminetetraacetate.  I know that this is used in the chelation
of minerals.  My question is, how is it used?  If I merely add it to the
aquarium, will it magically do something to the minerals in my water and
will my plants suddenly do better, or would I have to treat the minerals
outside of the tank and then add them?  How much should be used in a
90G aquarium?  I've had this stuff around for a few years and figure I'd
better use it for something.  I got it for this purpose (aquaristics) and
have never had the knowledge and/or guts to use it.  The warnings on the
label are prety dire.  It was manufactured by Hampshire and is called
Hamp-ene 100S.  Thanks for your attention and advice.