test recommendations

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roxanne Bittman <rlb at kirk_dfg.ca.gov>
Subject: Nitrate and iron test kits
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest),
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 11:07:46 PST

I need a recommendation for a nitrate test kit that measures to 1mg/L.  My
current Tetra test kit only measures within ranges (0-12.5 mg/L for
example, for the low range).

Also, what is the consensus on a good Fe test kit?  The Seachem is not bad,
but takes over 30 minutes to react with chelated iron.  Are there some that
measure to the tenth of a mg/L, and only take 15 minutes or less?
Thanks for your help,

Roxanne Bittman, Botanist                    Natural Heritage Division
Phone: (916) 323-8970                 __o     CA Dept of Fish and Game
Fax:   (916) 324-0475               _ \<_                    1220 S St
Internet rlb at kirk_dfg.ca.gov