SeaTest kits

Hi again,
        I recieved a SeaTest (Aquarium Systems) Marine Aquarist's test kit
for free when I bought a tank about a year ago.  I don't know the exact date
on it, but it looks to be about 5 yrs old.  For the Chemists out there, will
this kit work with freshwater and give accurate readings?  It tests ph (of
course that won't be accurate), ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite.  It uses the
powder reagents method to do the tests.  So will I get accurate reading for
the ammonia, NO2 and NO3?  If you need more info, let me know.  Thanks in
advance!!

B.J. Smith
jesmith at sonnet_com