lighting

Hi
I'm new around here. Hopefully I can get some advice from people.
Can I get some opinions on which bulbs are best for planted tanks.??
I can not seem to get mine to grow really good. I have a 30gal tank.
It has a dual light.  One flouresent tube is an "Utra Tri Lux" The other
is a VitaLite.  I'm leaving them on for about 14 hrs. With a timer.
So, the problem is, algae. Green fuzzy algae.  How can I get rid of
this.?? Can I get rid of it??  I do a 15 - 20% water change at least
once a week.  It is an Angel fish tank. pH 6.2 ammon0.0 nitrite 0.0

Thanks in advance
EK