Re: Anubias leaf deformity

DIONIGI MALADORNO said.....

>In two of my tanks, the leaves of A. nana are growing deformed, curving
>towards one side. I had them in the past in similar conditions with no
>problems. No signs of deficiency in any other plant (mainly swords,
>Hygrophila spp.). Is there a specific nutrient deficiency that may be
>related to this problem? DKH and DGH are quite low, in the 2-3 range.

The new leaves of my A. lanceolata once exhibited similar symptoms. The
effects were very pronounced, but did not seem to affect the A. bartieri
v. nana. It may have been calcium or boron deficiency -I hadn't made a
water change in many weeks. The light intensity was high. The GH and KH
levels in the tapwater were similar to those in your tank. Transferred
to emersed conditons with a proper nutrient solution, the new leaf growth
is normal.

--
Dave Whittaker
ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.ca