Re: Gravel

>Just wondering if I could get an idea of exactly what kind of  gravel people
>are using.
>Brand names would be great. Is Texas blast gravel used successfully? The
>commercial aquarium gravels are prohibitively expensive, and I am fairly sure
>most people are not paying that price for their substrate.
>Thanks

The TexBlast sandblasting gravel seems to work great. That's what I'm
using. Of course, you may want to consider mixing it with something else
for the bottom layer of your substrate since the gravel has not
nutritional value.

You're right, the commercial aquarium gravel is quite expensive. I think
this may be because most of it is epoxy coated so as not to react with
your water.

Philip Odom
pto at mail_utexas.edu