Open Letter on Free MT Snails

The response to the snail give away was overwhelming.  There were so many
messages that I've given up on responding individually to everyone.
 Therefore, this is an open letter to everyone who mailed and has not
gotten a response back.

I had no idea there were so many people who wanted these snails.
 Unfortunately, the harvest of the 20g tank I took apart was poor - only 40
snails, many are less than 1/4".  I expected about 100.  Also, I forgot
that many parts of the country are still frozen.  In Atlanta, the weather
had been in the mid to upper 70s for several weeks.  So mailing snails
without heat packs <$> is not an option for some locations.

If you did not receive a response from me, I apologize.  I am keeping all
the e:mails and will let people know during the summer when more snails are
available.  A decent sized harvest of the show tank should be possible
later on this year.  If you received a response that said, "maybe, let's
see how it goes" I must give you bad news.  The number of snails and the
current weather temps do not look good.  You will be contacted first when a
late Spring/early Summer harvest is made.

For those people with extra MT snails - please let people know and share
the wealth.  It is relatively easy to mail these guys; they are tough and
withstand a lot of abuse.  I'll be happy to let you know a successful
mailing technique.

Rochelle Williams
williaro at ftmcphsn-emh1_army.mil
"Hey!  Where did Spring go?  Burrrrr!"