Re:Temp. effects on yeast production

     >Obviously CO2 production rises with increased temperature (in a yeast
     >mixture).

     As a general rule of thumb, enzymatic reactions double their rates for
     every ten degree (centigrade) increase in temperature.  Thus, you
     could expect to go from 1 bubble/second at 20C to 2 bubbles/second at
     30C, given that nothing else is limiting the reaction rate.

     Enzymes are labile at extreme temperatures, but this rule of thumb
     should hold for normal room temperatures.  I do not know the upper
     temperature limit for yeast, but I would imagine anything over 50C
     would result in death.  Frozen yeast aren't too productive, either.